Technology Solutions Professional Communications
Microsoft envisions a world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envisioning what can be and taking their careers places they simply couldn’t anywhere else. This is a world of more possibility, more innovation, more openness, and sky’s-the-limit thinking – a cloud-enabled world.
Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. This mission is ambitious and at the core of what our customers and employees care deeply about. We have unique capability in harmonizing the needs of both individuals and organizations. We deeply care about taking our ideals and vision global and making a difference in lives and organizations in all corners of the planet.
We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas, because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
“At our core, Microsoft is the productivity and platform company for the mobile-first and cloud-first world. We will reinvent productivity to empower every person and every organization on the planet to do more and achieve more." - Satya Nadella, Microsoft CEO
Take the opportunity to help reinvent productivity as a Communications Technology Solutions Professional (TSP). You will drive and win the technical decision for Microsoft Communications offerings with our enterprise and corporate customers. This includes influencing the sale, deployment, and adoption of Skype for Business client, server, and online solutions.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
• Be the go-to technical expert on the sales team:
• Explain, demonstrate, and prove in-depth what Microsoft’s Communications products & services can do and how to enable & manage them for the largest enterprise customers.
• Clear technical, competitive, and adoption blockers to Communications sales & usage.
• Lead cloud security, privacy, and compliance discussions for Skype for Business and related technologies.
• Be the connection and orchestration point for other technical resources:
• Provide feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering on current and future product requirements.
• Communicate and escalate technical, architectural and competitive blockers and insight to the appropriate channels.
• Develop partner engagements for driving the sale, deployment, and adoption of Communications solutions.
• Orchestrate cross-workload solutions with TSPs for other Microsoft products and services, such as Office 365, Surface Hub, and Enterprise Mobility.
• Stay sharp and share your knowledge:
• Continuously nurture and expand your technical, sales, and competitive readiness.
• Participate in internal Microsoft technical communities and in the broader industry through events, blogs, whitepapers, and articles for the Communications domain.
Who we’re looking for…
• Experienced. 5+ years of related experience in technical pre-sales and/or technical consulting roles preferred
• Excellent Communicator. Strong negotiation, organizational, presentation, product demo, written, and verbal communication skills required
• Performer. Highly driven person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations required
• Collaborative. Able to work cohesively with members of the Microsoft sales & services field, Microsoft partners, and Microsoft corporate sales, engineering, and marketing required
• Growth Mindset. Willing to continue nurturing and developing your potential required
• Passion for technology. Contagious enthusiasm for and a desire to continuously learn new technology required
• Executive Presence. Proven experience engaging with senior level executives preferred
• Amazing Technical Sales Professional. Strong Communications solution selling experience required
• Deep Communications products & services knowledge. Strong hands-on technical experience with Skype for Business/Lync server, Skype for Business/Lync clients, and the core Office 365 platform required
• Communications architect. Broad knowledge of and ability to explain key end-user scenarios and technical architecture in the Communications space, including applications (Voice Call Control, Audio/Video/Web Conferencing, IM/Presence, CDR, E-911, Voice/Fax and Unified Messaging), Enterprise Interaction Management, Work Force Management, Sales Automation, Contact Centers (ACD, IVR, CRM), and Application Integration Services (TAPI, TSAPI, JTAPI, CSTA) required
• Integration. Demonstrated knowledge of Skype for Business federation, interoperability, and integration with Office products preferred
• Voice. Demonstrated knowledge of voice and data platforms (TDM PBX & IP-PBX, Video MCU) and networks (PSTN, Wireless, IP) required
• Networking. Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, switches, routers, firewalls and protocols (SRTP/RTCP, H.323, H.263/H.264, SIP) required
• Cloud Trust. Demonstrated knowledge of identity, authentication, security, privacy, and compliance topics with regards to cloud and hybrid communications solutions required
• Technical breadth. Experiences with cloud & hybrid infrastructures, heterogeneous client OS & device environments, communications solution architecture and design, and migrations required
• Planning for success. Understand Office 365 deployment and adoption planning, including Microsoft FastTrack, and the high-level project management and change management tasks associated with driving usage of Communications workloads preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field required
• Certifications in domain-specific technologies (Microsoft Lync/Skype for Business or Office 365 certifications) preferred
• Certifications in information security (CISSP, CCSP, and/or CCSK) desired
• ProSci change management certification desired