Premier Field Engineer – Windows Server
Global PFE Mission Statement
Premier Field Engineering (PFE) provides technical leadership for Premier customers around the world to promote health in their IT environments through onsite, remote and dedicated support services. As part of Microsoft’s Services, PFE is focused on the Operations Phase of IT services based on Microsoft Technology.
What does this mean?
Premier Field Engineering (PFE) – Windows Server is part of Microsoft’s Services Organization. PFE provide various proactive and reactive services to our Enterprise customers to increase systems availability, resolve critical issues, and ultimately improve the health of our customers’ environments. To ensure the skills to troubleshoot and maintain our customers’ IT services in line with Microsoft best practices our PFE team consists of highly trained engineers. When things do go wrong we provide rapid on site expertise to resolve critical situations worldwide 24*7.
• Onsite proactive and reactive services to our Premier customers around the globe
• Short term engagements through Rapid Onsite Support and proactive engagements (technology workshops & health checks)
• Long term engagements with Dedicated Support Engineering
• Services delivered by highly skilled engineers with deep technical expertise
We need individuals that:
• Possess deep technical expertise in at least one technical specialty and can solve complex technical problems through sound, creative troubleshooting. You will also need to be able to examine possible workarounds and escalations as required.
• Set an example of excellence as a Microsoft representative, enhancing the company's image and reputation through your credibility, preparation, commitment and first-class delivery.
• Demonstrate strong communication skills; ability to develop strategic ongoing customer relationships, gain trust and respect for the company. Engineers must also possess strong technical writing, presentation and training skills.
• Enjoy team work, and actively contribute to your peer group as well as our customer account teams.
• Provide first class support for our biggest MS customers in Greece and abroad.
• Communicate at various levels from CIO to the technical staff on the ground.
• Experience in the enterprise customer arena
• Understanding of complex operational challenges of IT service management
• Face-to-face customer engagement skills
• Self-dependent working style
• Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
• Troubleshooting knowledge & skills
Platforms Premier Field Engineers should be experienced in implementing, operating, tuning and troubleshooting Windows Server and System Center Configuration manager solutions.
In depth knowledge/experience for the following technologies / areas is a requirement:
• Windows Architecture (server and client)
• Windows performance & memory troubleshooting
• Windows patching & WSUS
• Fundamental networking knowledge – IP, DHCP, DNS, WINS, routing etc
• Microsoft Deployment Technologies (MDT/WDS)
• Knowledge of Microsoft server / failover clustering
• Knowledge of hardware virtualization technologies
• Hyper-V 2012
• SCVMM 2012
• SC Configuration Manager 2012
• OS Migration and Upgrade assistance
• Capacity planning/Performance optimization
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status. Microsoft’s privacy statement can be viewed on the following web page: http://privacy.microsoft.com/en-gb/default.mspx